Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A LITTLE BACKGROUND


 2 Timothy 4:3-4 (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Today I am giving you some information about a guy named Neale Donald Walsh and this information is found in a marvelous book written by Warren B. Smith, called “False Christ Coming Does Anybody Care?”  As I read this book and others that I will acquaint you with over the coming weeks, I was taken back to the 70’s and my personal search for anything other than “religion” that had failed me on a monumental scale since childhood under the guidance of the Catholic Church system.  I fell into the clutches of the most dangerous thing that I ever exposed my soul to, and that was the “New Age” teachings.  The Catholic Church who are teachers of catechism and not necessarily the true and complete Word of God leave their members perilously perched on a cliff of damnation with their teaching of “religion” and tradition and not the true message of the Cross.  So I went into my search totally unarmed with the true Word of God.  However, I did have, by the grace of God, enough information about Christ, to allow me to see that what the New Age had to offer was nothing more than what I referred to as a “rip-off” of what I understood at the time of the teachings of Christ.  I felt let down again and so I dug deeper and deeper.  Reading endless books and attending endless New Age Seminars and Unity churches.  Nothing was giving me what I was searching for.  I was clearly drawing from the wrong well.  Hours of meditation led me to what I felt at the time was a “divine” contact in the Spirit realm.  I learned that these spirits will woo you and sooth you and give you a sense of love and understanding so you think that you have found what you are seeking.  But I learned quickly that these spirits do not tolerate debate and the rage and physical manifestations that I was met with were so frightening that I ran as fast as I could from everything “New Age”.  I was a wounded soul and yet not a puppet.  The anger that I carried from my youth put a steel wall around me at all times and I never let anyone close to me.  I thank God for this wall as I know that it saved me from loosing my eternal soul.  I wanted to give you that brief background on myself so some will not say that I know nothing about the New Age and therefore am not able to write of it for lack of knowledge.

Neal Donald Walsh wrote a book called “Conversations with God”.  This book was published in 1995.  It seems that Mr. Walsh sat one night and wrote an angry letter to God.  Much to Mr. Walsh’s surprise, God (the entity that Walsh assumed was God) answered him with what Walsh referred to as an “inner voice”.  Over time Walsh and “his god” become everyday pals and together dismantled biblical Christianity. 

Tomorrow I will draw a parallel between the delusional ravings of Walsh and the teachings of the Dominionists.  The similarities will chill you.

Blessings…Patti and Dave

No comments: